Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

To Name an Angel



I fell in love yesterday at my local pet shelter. If I survive the next two days of temperatures in the 100's, with heat index reaching 115, I think will return to adopt this cute little girl. Her name, at present, is Rochelle. She was found on the shelter's doorstep in late June, so not much is known about her. They estimate her age to be ten years old.

She looks alot like a very tiny version of the best cat ever, Aunt Sue, who passed away in Feb. She even has the freckles on her nose like the Sue had.

Thinking about changing her name, since "Rochelle" hasn't been her name for long. My first idea was "Aunt Ruth," to honor both the late great Aunt Sue, and a favorite aunt of mine, that passed away several years ago. However, I am also considering "George" as a name, short for "Georgette." I have known two men in my life named George, both were extraordinary men, very special to me.

The more I think about it, the more I like "George" as a name. It's only one syllable. And Aunt Sue was one of a kind. Do we really need another "Aunt" in our lives? Not to mention I have a sister named Ruth, who might think I named it after her.

I LOVE ORANGE TABBIES, especially when they are female.

[Note: for those of you who don't know--female orange tabbies are a rare breed. in order to get an orange female, both parents need to be orange.]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home