Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Woody Woodpecker

Arriving at a job, I noticed an injured woodpecker in the street.
Calling the local animal shelter, they gave me a few numbers to call before getting the right person. She gave me directions to her place, I got a box from the neighbors, and off I went. Poor baby. I reikied the bird on the way, holding the box in my lap as I drove. It must have been of some help, as the bird calmed down enough for me to wonder if it had died on the way to the "bird hospital." It didn't die, in fact, all the bird expert could initially find wrong with it is a broken wing. She explained the dangers of using pesticides and the possibility of West Nile Virus.
I am glad the bird seems to have a good chance of being rehabilitated. I will call the bird lady in a day or two for an update, and make a donation to the care of the bird. (She does this all out of the kindness of her heart, and does not get paid to rehabilitate the birds brought to her.)
Bless people like her!
We are all in this together, and we, as the "more intelligent species" should act as caretakers for those in need.


Note: for those who do not know what Reiki is, a simple explanantion is that it is an ancient form of hands on healing, where the practicioner opens themselves to be a channel for the healing energies of the universe.

Further note: I called bird lady for an update, and Woody did not survive. RIP Woody. i will remember you fondly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home