Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

That's My Boy!

Good dog, that One Spot!



He's an old guy, going deaf in his old age, and a bit arthritic. Typical for an old lab.
I walk him through the park near his house twice a day. Now that the weather is nice, the school kids hand out in the park and play frisbee or some other game involving throwing a ball around. They leave the park a mess, despite the fact that there are several trash containers. It's a nice little park, so I end up picking up some of the trash on our walks and throwing it away.
This afternoon, I said something to the kids. I asked them nicely to pick up after themselves before they leave. They were very nice boys, and they agreed. However, there already was a bunch of trash on the ground, so I was picking it up as I was heading towards the closest garbage can. One Spot is an old guy, he is not going to run off. He is too interested in looking for scraps of their lunches they may have left behind. With my hands full, I dropped his leash.
What did my old man do? He walked over to one of the boys backpacks, and peed on it! I pulled him away, but it was already too late. One Spot said what he had to about the kids littering!
I have to give the kids credit. They all gathered around the peed-on backpack and told me the dog peed on it. I told them I was going to take care of that right now. Across the street is a pizza place, where I bought a bottle of water, and rinsed the bag off. I apologized, and the boys were all very understanding about it, and most of them came over to pet One Spot.
He is my hero, that One Spot, the Old Man!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home