Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Adoption Days



A year and a half ago, I adopted Max after the death of my precious fur baby, Aunt Sue. I saw Max on MyYahoo, looking for a home. He was in NJ. I figured being on Yahoo with that face, he must have had dozens of people applying to adopt him. But I was the lucky one.
Some friends offered to drive me to Jersey, where we met with the adoption agency halfway, in the Ikea parking lot, under the big green letter J. It was like a drug deal: i traded an envelope of money for a big fat orange tabby. Maybe it was more like paying a ransome. At any rate, I cried when I saw him. He reminded me of Aunt Sue, the best orange tabby ever! (At least on this side of the Mississippi).
I was planning on picking him up alone, but i am glad I got the ride, so I could share this happy day with some very good human friends, and spend more time bonding with my new son.




Yesterday I went with a client to pick up her new fur baby, Molly. About a month and a half ago, she lost her wheaton terrier, Baily, unexpectantly. (read about Baily in a prior posting). It was a very happy day. For the first time I got to share the happiness with a client. Too often i had accompanied them to vets to put their babies down, or to the crematorium for final rights. I am tired of crying in saddness. Yesterday I joined the new proud mom in tears of joy.

Long live Max, and Long Live Molly!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home