Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Monday, October 20, 2008

How Many Teeth



Mouse (AKA George) had her dental work done a few weeks ago.
Ever since I got her, over two years ago, the vet said she needed her teeth out. All of them.
Twice she had teeth out at my vet, who promptly gives me the contact info for a local vetrinary dentist.
For two years it has been in the back of my head that Mouse needs her teeth out, so Momma hasn't had her regular cleanings. Shame on Momma. But Momma the importance of good oral hygiene. Her decayed and broken teeth were nothing more than a passageway for bacteria to get into her fragile little body.
Thanks, in part, to my $600 tax stimulus check, that made a nice little downpayment on her dental work.
Mouse had 5 of her teeth out. Consult, sedation, xrays, extractions and medications = $1566. Some people think that is a bit much, and it was. Believe me, I sweat that payment. But it was sooo worth it.

Here she is, showing me what's left.... not alot, but it looks like she can still put up a bit of a fight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home