Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Poor Grumpy!



Yesterday, 5:45am: i do my traditional playing with the cats before i get out of bed. Grumpy meows like nothing I ever heard from him.
6:15am: He is hiding, so i bring his breakfast to him, and I watch him eat.
6:40am: Shake the cat treats, but he's in hiding. I find him under the sofa.

10am: Still no sign of Grumpy, not even when i shake the cat treat bag again.

Noon: Where is that Grumpy man?

7pm: Found him--in the kitty litter box. He's not coming out. I know he is blocked, so i take him to the emergency vet.

8pm: Blockage confirmed. He has to stay overnight, and have a catheter inserted to relieve himself.

Today, 9:30am: Get a call that he's a feisty guy, and pulled his catheter out. Once he pees on his own, I can take him home. X-rays do not show any stones.

3pm: Still hasn't peed. Docs were concerned, so they expressed some out with no problems, so he's no longer blocked. However, he can't come home until he pees on his own. What they did get out of him had alot of blood in it. Could be from a bad infection. Could be from the catheter. Could be from cancer.

7pm: I go visit him and have a talk with him, how he HAS to pee so he can come home. Doc says if he doesn't pee by 10pm, they will have to put the catheter back in. He's not gonna like that.

9:50pm: Waiting for the phone to ring. Hoping he pees tonight, so he can come home tomorrow. Max misses him. He kept me awake all night. That and the nightmares that three kids stole all my money.
Did I mention, so far, the bill is $1500?

Get well Grumpy!!!! I can't afford much more! Max misses you, and Mommy's hair is already white with fright for you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home