Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Letter to Tucker



Tucker, you silly goose!
Thanks for all the years of laughs you have given me!
Your stubbornness really makes me laugh! When I walk you, and you decide you want to go a different way than I was planning--I love the way you stop and sit, almost close your eyes, and raise your eyebrows.
I love how excited you get on our walks and you notice a new holiday decoration in a yard we are passing, and you instinctively want to make friends with it.
I love that you always have a gift to offer me when i arrive to take you for our walk. All the pillows, especially, as they indicate that you are concerned with my comfort level.
Thanks for protecting me from those men in blue, that were really there to rescue me from your bathroom the time i got locked inside. (That whole incident is one of my very favorite dog walking stories!)
Thanks for always having a smile for me, even on those days I didn't really feel like smiling.
Thanks for shaking my hand every time I asked. I knew you could do it, I just liked to make you work for your treats! ;-)
Thanks for always taking me in different directions, so we could explore the neighborhood and never get bored.
Thanks for loving me during those times I didn't feel too loved.
Thanks for being a song in my heart, I will never forget.

I know you have to go soon, and I wanted to thank you for all your friendship and love and happiness you have given me over the years. I wish you the most painless journey to the other side of that rainbow bridge, and I hope that you will wait for me to cross over.

Thanks for everything! I LOVE YOU.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home