Memoirs of a Dog Walker

pet sitting 101. it's not as easy as it seems.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suburbia, New York, United States

Dog Walking and Pet Sitting and dancing my way thru the day.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Toby Actually Did Something Good!

I arrived at Toby's house yesterday, to find all the sprinklers on full blast. Sprinting up the walkway, I got to the house without getting soaked, and got Toby out for his walk, hoping that by the time we got back, the sprinklers would be off.
No such luck.
When we returned, I dropped the leash, and made a run for the house. Toby was right behind me. Instead of running into the house, he pulled a sharp right and ran into the bushes. Bad Toby!
I got him inside with the help of some treats, but not before I noticed the guy who came out of the bushes.
I thought he was doing sprinkler maintenance, since 1. the sprinklers have never been on at that time, and 2. he was Hispanic.
I asked him if the sprinklers would be on tomorrow at the same time, and he answered affirmatively.
On my way to the next job, I called the house owners and left them a voice mail requesting they adjust the time the sprinklers go off so I wouldn't get soaked.

This morning, Toby's owner called me to inform me that he checked with the sprinkler company, and no one was at the house the day before. Come to think of it, there wasn't any work vans outside either.
So WHO was that man hiding in the bushes, and WHY was he there?
Most importantly, WHAT crime could Toby have possibly foiled?
Things that make you go "hmmmm."

Toby is my new hero!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home